Optimizing your WAP site for Search Engines
One out of 7 users uses their mobile phone to surf the web.
This means that in the following years, every site owner must invest and build a mobile version of their website in order to be able to provide the users an appropriate surfing experience.
When building a mobile site, you can’t just “build & forget”- a certain amount of optimization for both search engines and visitors should be held in order to make it a success.
Optimizing the mobile version of a website is quit similar to regular SEO but with a few draw backs.
After the site is fully built for mobile users a keyword analysis for words used by mobile users should be applied.
Following, onsite optimization of the site should be held and take into account the following issues-
1) Proper use of content on the pages
2) Proper use of code within the pages
3) Proper setup of redirects (when Googlebot mobile pays a visit)
4) Ensuring images are optimized for mobile searchers
5) Ensuring data forms are setup properly